Bit stuffing in C Language

sarath1111

hi,
I have to perform BIT STUFFING in C Language. I have to get data
from the user and stuff the data and then transmit it. I have to
destuff it at the other end. I have very less knowledge of performing
this in C(As this should be done at bit level). How can we perform
operations at bit level in C?. Please help me how to get started with
this.
Thanks in advance.
SARATH

infobahn

hi,
I have to perform BIT STUFFING in C Language. I have to get data
from the user and stuff the data and then transmit it. I have to
destuff it at the other end. I have very less knowledge of performing
this in C(As this should be done at bit level). How can we perform
operations at bit level in C?. Please help me how to get started with
this.

& | ^ ~ << >> &= |= ^= <<= >>=

0-13-110362-8 pp48-51

osmium

I have to perform BIT STUFFING in C Language. I have to get data
from the user and stuff the data and then transmit it. I have to
destuff it at the other end. I have very less knowledge of performing
this in C(As this should be done at bit level). How can we perform
operations at bit level in C?. Please help me how to get started with
this.

C contains operators to do and, or, exclusive or, one's complement, right
shift, and left shift. Bit fields can be defined within the context of a
structure.

Typing <c snippets> as a google target would probably yield some examples of
what others have done in this area. Also try words such as yenc and codec.
Or browse through a text book on C.

CBFalconer

I have to perform BIT STUFFING in C Language. I have to get data
from the user and stuff the data and then transmit it. I have to
destuff it at the other end. I have very less knowledge of
performing this in C(As this should be done at bit level). How
can we perform operations at bit level in C?. Please help me how
to get started with this.

Look up the logical and, or, and xor operations (&, |, ^) in your C
book, together with bit masks. Don't get distracted to bit fields
in structures.