    beginning as far as working with Windows and graphics. The game I
    have in mind would have the look of Solitare in Windows. Appreciate
    any help. Thanks.

    DaMan, Sep 16, 2003

  2. C++ has no built-in support for many of the things you are likely to
    need. For example, graphics, mouse input and sound. You should probably
    ask this in a games programming group or a windows programming group.

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    -Kevin

    Kevin Goodsell, Sep 16, 2003

  3. DaMan

    Guest Guest

    Can anyone recommend a good book that teaches how to program basic
    Search in Google for:
    SDL (threads, mouse, keyboard, joystick, windows)
    OpenAL (3d sound)
    OpenGL (2d/3d graphics)

    All of these are cross-platform (If you want your game to run only on Windows (sucks) platform learn DirectX)

    for OpenGL the best book to begin is "The Red Book" or "OpenGL Programming Guide"
    http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~chameleon/OpenGL/The Red Book/

    Solitaire don't want OpenGL and OpenAL, so you must learn only SDL to make your game cross-platform.
    If you want your game to run only in Windows, learn windows API about graphics

    Guest, Sep 20, 2003