Book: Python Power!: The Comprehensive Guide

John Salerno

Anyone know anything about this book? I've read a few intro Python books
already, but I'm always interested in reading more to reinforce the
language. No reviews on Amazon yet so I'm not sure if it's good or not.

Thanks.

Maurice LING

John said:
Anyone know anything about this book? I've read a few intro Python books
already, but I'm always interested in reading more to reinforce the
language. No reviews on Amazon yet so I'm not sure if it's good or not.

Thanks.

A cursory glance while standing in the bookshop suggest that I should
give it a closer read - there are some interesting stuffs that caught my
eyes but I only have time for a quick flip then.

maurice

John Salerno

Maurice said:
A cursory glance while standing in the bookshop suggest that I should
give it a closer read - there are some interesting stuffs that caught my
eyes but I only have time for a quick flip then.

maurice

Thanks. My nearest Barnes & Noble doesn't usually have stuff like this,
but I'll see if they do and maybe I can get a better look myself.

kyosohma

Anyone know anything about this book? I've read a few intro Python books
already, but I'm always interested in reading more to reinforce the
language. No reviews on Amazon yet so I'm not sure if it's good or not.

Thanks.

It's a mostly good book. I found the author to be slightly arrogant as
he would dismiss certain features of Python on occasion and there were
a couple of "huh!?" moments where he contradicted what seems (to me)
to be common Python idioms.

But there's a lot to like too. There's a real app or two at the end
and it covers using cgi in Python better than any of the other Python
books I've read.

Mike