Book Recommendation Request: VB.NET & C#.NET

Jason Williard

My employer recently requested that I begin to learn ASP.NET for the purpose
of rebuilding and managing our websites. I have not experience with
ASP.NET, VB.NET or C#.NET. Does anyone have any recommendations on books
that cover ASP.NET with VB.NET & C#.NET? I am asking for recommendations
that include but VB and C# because I my first task will be converting from
VB.NET to C#.NET.

Thank You,
Jason Williard

Jason Williard

Brian,

Thank you for the recommendation. I will deffinately take a look at this as
it seems that I may need to learn a specific language and then use a
reference, such as yours, to complete the conversion.

- Jason Williard

Brian Bischof

Thanks! Yes, maybe he didn't read the title ".NET Languages". :)

On my CR.NET book someone commented that all I did was take examples out of
the help file. They must have a better help file than I do b/c I spent
months researching and documenting the object models and how to program them
(not to mention all the undocumented bugs I found). It just goes to show
that some people feel better about themselves if they can put down someone
else. Anyway, the goal is to have more good reviews than bad and people will
figure out who the idiots are. :)

Take care,

Brian Bischof
www.CrystalReportsBook.com