book/website suggestions

smith4894

Hello,

I'm looking for some material where I can readup and learn about object
oriented design (preferably in C++ if possible of course), something in
the medium to advanced level.

I have already purchased and gone through the "Design Patterns" book by
Gamma et al, and I understand how the patterns work and the c++ code
samples, but I think I need something a step lower such as how to
actually convert an advanced problem or software requirements to an
object oriented design.
Any books/websites would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Smith

Vinodh Kumar P

Hello,

I'm looking for some material where I can readup and learn about object
oriented design (preferably in C++ if possible of course), something in
the medium to advanced level.

I have already purchased and gone through the "Design Patterns" book by
Gamma et al, and I understand how the patterns work and the c++ code
samples, but I think I need something a step lower such as how to
actually convert an advanced problem or software requirements to an
object oriented design.
Any books/websites would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Smith

UML distilled by Martin Fowler

Puppet_Sock

I'm looking for some material where I can readup and learn about object
oriented design (preferably in C++ if possible of course), something in
the medium to advanced level.
[snip]

Go here: www.accu.org

They have many books reviewed under various subjects. I have found
their reviews to be very helpful. If they say a book is "highly
reco" then it likely belongs on the bookshelf of a professional.
Socks

Marlene Miller

Hello,

I'm looking for some material where I can readup and learn about object
oriented design (preferably in C++ if possible of course), something in
the medium to advanced level.

I have already purchased and gone through the "Design Patterns" book by
Gamma et al, and I understand how the patterns work and the c++ code
samples, but I think I need something a step lower such as how to
actually convert an advanced problem or software requirements to an
object oriented design.
Any books/websites would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Smith

Applying UML and Patterns by Craig Larman
http://www.craiglarman.com/book_applying/applying.htm

(and maybe as supplementary reading:
Object Design. Roles, Responsibilities, and Collaborations
by Rebecca Wirfs-Brock and Alan McKean)