bottom up synthesis with parameterized design

Marco Lazar

Hi,

i have a question on how to do bottom up synthesis (elaboration)
in design compiler with a highly parameterized design. I am
aware of the -parameter switch and it works great on the designs
at the bottom of the hierarchy but as soon as i try to elaborate
modules at one level higher up in the hierarchy, the tool has problems
finding and using the previously synthesized blocks. The tool spits
out warnings and errors complaining that it can't link the design.

So i was wondering if anybody out there has a sample design compiler
script which does a bottom up synthesis on a parameterized design.

Thanks in advance !!
Marco