Break points IN ruby code?

Ken Hilton

I've been having trouble setting break points in certain ruby constructs
when debugging. Is there a way in Ruby to cause program being run -rdebug
to manually issue a break so as to return control to the debugger at the
point I need it? (If not, I think this would be a great feature for a
future release of Ruby, IMHO.)

Thanks!

Ken.

Martin Weber

(...) Is there a way in Ruby to cause program being run -rdebug
to manually issue a break so as to return control to the debugger at the
point I need it? (...)

Finally a(nother) good use for a continuation :)

-Martin

Mark Sparshatt

Ken said:
Ok, clue me in. What pray-tell is a "continuation"??? :)

Ken.
This was recently discussed on this mailing list. If you search the
archives for "what is borges?" then you'll find some usefull links to
discussions about continuations

HTH

Ken Hilton

More precisely, break points set in certain constructs fail to be triggered,
e.g., a block attached to a method call, or break point set on a line in a
file that's required but has yet to loaded via its require '' statement.
Hope that helps.

Ken.

Ken Hilton

Can you please elaborate? The docs on continuation/callcc are pretty
opaque.

Thx,

Ken.