Browser/debugger/tester?

VICTOR GOLDBERG

I would like to receive suggestions for a good JavaScript browser including
a debugger and hopefully a testing framework for TDD.

Thanks,
Victor

Garrett Smith

VICTOR said:
I would like to receive suggestions for a good JavaScript browser

And IDE? I liked Intelli-J.
including a debugger
Firebug, MS Script Editor, CompanionJS -- that should be added to the
FAQ, along with IETester.

and hopefully a testing framework for TDD.
YUI Test. Built on YUI, and not perfect, but gah, so much better than
JSUnit.

Please see the FAQ for more information.

Garrett

Garrett Smith

Jorge said:

In the FAQ, but the link needs updating.

| To display the `Develop` menu in Safari 3.1 or higher, select the
| checkbox labeled "Show Develop menu in menu bar" in Safari's `Advanced
| Preferences` panel.
| Safari Developer FAQ

That "Safari Developer FAQ" link is redirecting to:
http://developer.apple.com/safari/

That page contains general information, mostly about iPhone. Better to
link to: http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/Web Inspector

Not necessary, that is linked from web inspector wiki page.

That is already listed in the FAQ. Has been for quite some time now.

Will update the Web Inspector link.

Garrett

paolochiodi

I would like to receive suggestions for a good JavaScript browser including
a debugger and hopefully a testing framework for TDD.

Thanks,
Victor

definitely firefox + firebug. Firebug ihmo is ways superior to other
browsers counterpart.
Of course you have to test also with other tools.
Internet Explorer has an extension too.