Browser window suddenly minimizing in ASP.NET?

Guest

We have a specific javascript call made from a standard HyperLink control
that is opening up a link in a new window using the window.open javascript
function. The page is on ASP.NET. Up until a few weeks ago things worked
very well though recently we started to see the pop-up browser window
actually minimize right as it opened. It happens on different machines for
that same page only and all in IE. Has anyone ever had a window.open url
open in a new window then minimize quickly without clicking anything? We
tried giving focus to the new window etc all with no luck. Anyhow we're not
sure if server-side code is responsibel somehow for this or not but the
output HTML looks standard. Thanks again for your help on this one!

Christopher

Guest

We initially thought it was a pop-up blocker or some other browser mechanism
but the pop-up minimizes and doesn't actually close. Also, it happens on
multiple machines on both Windows 2000 Server and Windows XP Pro. It's
somewhat of a silly behavior to be discussing but it really got our
developers wondering. Again, we click the link, the window opens and loads
just fine, then right as it loads it minimizes to the back.

We tried to set the window.open to a variable and focus it with no luck..

i.e.
var mywin = window.open(....);
mywin.focus();

but no luck, thank you again for your help on this one it felt a bit funny
posting this tiny thing but we were out of options to look at was all...

Christopher