    sure if server-side code is responsibel somehow for this or not but the
    output HTML looks standard. Thanks again for your help on this one!

    Christopher

    Guest, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Could it be connected to a pop-up blocker?

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jan 25, 2005

    Guest Guest

    We initially thought it was a pop-up blocker or some other browser mechanism
    but the pop-up minimizes and doesn't actually close. Also, it happens on
    multiple machines on both Windows 2000 Server and Windows XP Pro. It's
    somewhat of a silly behavior to be discussing but it really got our
    developers wondering. Again, we click the link, the window opens and loads
    just fine, then right as it loads it minimizes to the back.

    We tried to set the window.open to a variable and focus it with no luck..

    i.e.
    var mywin = window.open(....);
    mywin.focus();

    but no luck, thank you again for your help on this one it felt a bit funny
    posting this tiny thing but we were out of options to look at was all...

    Christopher

    Guest, Jan 25, 2005