Button click on Web Dialog opens its copy in new window

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by robertm, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. robertm

    robertm Guest

    I have an aspx page which I open using the following code fragment below.
    The modal web dialog has 2 buttons and whenever I click any of them, a new
    window
    containing my web dialog form is opened prior to getting to OnClick event
    logic
    of the buttons. The buttons are part of a user control placed on the form.

    How can I get rid of the new window being launched?

    Private Sub cmdFacet_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArgs) Handles cmdFacet.Click

    Dim strScript As String

    strScript = "<SCRIPT language='javascript'>" & vbCrLf

    strScript += "window.showModalDialog
    ('frmFacet.aspx',window,'center=yes;dialogHeight=180px;dialogWidth=400px;hel
    p=no;status=no;resizable=no');" & vbCrLf

    strScript += "</SCRIPT>"

    Page.RegisterStartupScript("frmFacetOpen", strScript)

    End Sub

    robertm, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Hi

    Depending on what you are doing...
    <base target="_self">
    Or place a iframe in the dialog and host the page there

    --
    Best Regards
    Vidar Petursson

    Vidar Petursson, Aug 11, 2003