Buttons doens't work

schapopa

Hi,

I have application (ASP.net, SQL Server 2000)that I just moved to the
server and now I am testing it on different machines.
I have one machine with Windows 2000 and IE 5.5 where none of the
buttons work. I cannot find reason for that.
I just tested exactly the same machine with the same configuration where
everything works fine.
I guess that is some IE setting that I need to change.
Thank you

Schapopa

Guest

Hi schapopa,

I guess the problem is with your IE settings. Check if javascript is
disabled in the Internet options. This is assuming that all other settings
are right.

The Button control uses javacript function called __doPostBack for posting
the values back to the server.

FYI, The Validation controls make use of a JavaScript script library that is
automatically installed on your server when you install the .NET framework.
This library is located in a file named "WebUIValidation.js" in the
aspnet_client.

HTH,

Need any help, do post a msg back.

Happy Coding

bruce barker

actually asp:button and asp:imagebutton (and their html counterparts) do not
require javascript for postback. all other webcontrol do require javascript
to postback, along with clientside validation.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

message | Hi schapopa,