Buttons Not Working

Jairo Nieto

Hi, I've had this extremely weird problem for a week or so, and havent been
able to solve it.

My solution works fine on the production server. Once I deploy it, all
buttons stop posting back (they still validate though). Other page controls
do postback. On some clients, the application buttons do post back once, and
from there on, the buttons stop working forever.

I have a couple of theories, but correcting them has no effect at all. It
could be a cookie I add when the user clicks on the button, or it could be a
wrongful javascript.

Funny thing is, I added a page to the project with only one button that
posts back, and that button doesnt work either. It justs sits there.

This is becoming increasingly frustrating, I would really appreciate any
help. This application is already a couple of days late, and I hard pressed
in time to make it work.

Thanks.
Jairo Nieto.

Jairo Nieto

Yup the website is setup as an application.

Take a look at this: I removed all validators, and the buttons worked.

I had a summary validator, and a couple of required field validators. What
is going on?

Greg Burns

Have you tried running
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i ???

Greg

Jairo Nieto

Ok i have nailed it down. Its the validation summary that causes this
behaviour. I read somewhere that the validation summary has issues with 1.0
framework, but i double checked an the application is using 1.1...

Any thoughts?

Jairo Nieto

Yes Greg, that was my first try once i suspected the problem could be script
related. Ill run it again tho, and let you know the results.

Thanks.

Greg Burns

This other posters problem with SmartNavigation got me thinking:

Is YOUR aspnet_client folder in the root of your production server's web
site?

Normally (of course) it is C:\Inetpub\wwwroot, but a lot of admins like to
move the root to a non standard location. Make sure you have this folder in
the correct location then run aspnet_regiis -i

Greg

Jairo Nieto

After running aspnet_regiis for a second time, things got fixed. Thanks a
million Greg!!!!!!!!!

Jairo Nieto.