C++ and Java RMI

Generic Usenet Account

This may sound as a ridiculous question, but is there a C++
implementation of Java RMI? In other words, is there a way for a C++
application to communicate with a Java application over RMI?

Thanks,
KP Bhat

Christopher Blunck

Hi KP-

Most (all?) EJB implementations are RMI over IIOP. IIOP is a langauge
independant protocol, which is used by CORBA. CORBA has bindings in
many languages, most notably Python and C/C++. I believe you could
get a C++ app to talk to a Java EJB using IIOP. But, since I've never
done it personally before I wouldn't swear to it.

-c