    of C...

    Please Help....

    Casanova

    PM, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Not really specifically about C, but you can get good practice in
    implementing algorithms using the following problem set:
    http://acm.uva.es/cgi-bin/OnlineJudge?Volume:1
    You try to implement a solution (C/C++/Pascal/Java allowed), test it
    locally, then submit it by e-mail or using a web form, and see...

    Cheers,
    Ivan

    Ivan Vecerina, Oct 16, 2004

  3. PM

    Mike Wahler Guest

    If you're *really* adventurous, wander through
    http://www.ioccc.org/main.html

    You could also use google to find the Computer
    Science sites of various universities. Many
    make much of their course material (e.g.
    exercises) available to all.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Oct 16, 2004
  4. PM

    tigervamp Guest

    There is a website that contains C puzzles from various sources at
    http://purana.csa.iisc.ernet.in/~gkumar/cquestions.html
    Do note that they are not all strictly standard C.

    There is of course the "C Puzzle Book" by Alan R. Feuer.

    My favorite place to go for non-contrived, fun and challenging
    programming problems is www.topcoder.com. Although you can only enter
    competitions using Java, C++, C#, or VB.NET, if you join (free) you can
    view the complete problem sets and write your own solutions in C (or
    any other language). I have yet to find a problem that could not be
    written at least as easily in C as one of the other languages they
    support.

    What is really cool about this site is that they give detailed
    descriptions of the problems including the full specifications of the
    function to write, input constraints, and input examples with expected
    outputs. You can also view the code of others who has solved these
    problems in competition, see how long it takes the average programmer
    to solve in various languages, etc.
    If you do decide to join, feel free to use "tigervamp" as the Referring
    Member ;) The problems can be found in
    Competition->Statistics->Problem Archive, then click on a problem name.
    Rob Gamble

    tigervamp, Oct 17, 2004
  5. PM

    Mabden Guest