C++/Python programmers for a MUD's gamedriver wanted.

Rythin

Hi everyone.
We are looking for a volunteer co-programmers for a MUD's gamedriver
project. As of now, a gamedriver is divided into two separate but
tightly interconnected systems - C++ driver and Python lib.

C++ Driver is supposed to be managing memory, proccesses and
communication between them (transparent as far as net is concerned).
Python lib is to define the user's interfaces. Both of them are
designed to work in an object-oriented enviroment, with lib's classes
being driver's child-classes.

Competent level of knowledge on C++ and Python (especially embedding
Python's interpreter in apps) is required. Alternatively, we are
seeking people skilled in a use of Unix sockets and C++ system
programming.

If you are interested, email me at (e-mail address removed) (subject:
Gamedriver project) with a brief summary of your skills, C++/Python/mud
experience and things you are looking to find in this job.

You are welcome to ask any additional questions at (e-mail address removed)
(subject: Gamedriver project).

Take care,
Michael

klibertp

red said:

Sorry if the previous post offended someone/somehow; the word 'job' was
placed there by mistake, I think.

What we meant to tell about is completely non-profit project, addresed
to people who are tired with old (one may say: conservative) approach
to MUDs. What we offer are few ideas, that could be considered
'revolutional' - and nothing more, in fact. We lack necessary skills to
implement all of them, that's all.

Once again - sorry, previous post wasn't meant to sound like an
advertisement, I guess that my friend was just a bit too enthusiastic
and posted his message to this group just when he saw "c++" in the
description.

Would it be very tactless to post an info about project's site, when
it's up? We really are in great need for some support.

Piotr Klibert.