    are the best and less hasslesome?

    Thanks
    Rooban

    rooban, Jul 3, 2004

  2. I'm pretty sure all of them will be much of a hassle. Many C++ concepts
    don't translate cleanly (or at all) to Java.

    And what should the translator do with calls to nonstandard C++ libraries?

    Even if you do get a sizeable portion of the code translated, it is doubtful
    that it will look aything like idiomatic Java you'd have written yourself.

    Christophe Vanfleteren, Jul 3, 2004

  3. rooban

    Ike Guest

    I've had pretty good success with C2J. However, I think Chris is right, at
    least based on my experience; After I get things translated, I still end up
    writing what seems like a lot of new code!

    -Ike

    Ike, Jul 3, 2004
  4. rooban

    Roedy Green Guest

    If you want one, chances are you don't understand why it is not as
    useful as the many other sorts of compiler. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/compiler.html#CPP

    Roedy Green, Jul 3, 2004