Calendar control and Webform

Guest

All,

I have a calendar control that is at the bottom of a webform, now when the
user selects a new date on the control the page refresh's and moves back up
to the top. Does anyone know how to return to the same position as the
calendar control saving the user from scrolling back down to it.

Thanks
Msuk

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

If you set smartNavigation to true, that might help.

<%@ Page smartNavigation="True" ....%>

It might cause other problems in the page so check carefully before
deploying.

Ken

Guest

SmartNavigation generally causes some problems.
IMHO, use an iframe to show calendar. This would help you not to post back whole page. It would be helpful, especially If user wants to select a few months ago...

Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN

Guest

Hi,

Seems to work fine, but will it work in Netscape and Firefox I am guessing
not so how can I overcome this?

Thanks
Msuk

Peter Blum

Here's another idea. Replace Microsoft's calendar with one that does not
require a post back on each click. There are several developed by third
parties that use javascript to update. I built one of them in Peter's Date
Package (http://www.peterblum.com/datecontrols/home.aspx). It's client side
support is for IE, IE/Mac, Netscape 7, Mozilla, FireFox, Opera 7, and
Safari.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)