Calendar popup - using ASP textbox instead of HTML textbox

Guest

I am trying to use a calendar popup to populate a date in a textbox. I am
using the example described in this article:

However, this article uses a regular HTML input box, and I need to use an
ASP Web control textbox. When the latter is rendered in the browser, some
extra stuff like _ctl0 is added to the name of the textbox. So the calendar
can't find the box to populate it.

Can you tell me how to modify the example in this article to work with an
ASP textbox instead of the input box? How do you know in advance what ASP is
going to name the text box?

Many thanks

Peter Blum

I also make a popular DatePicker, "Peter's Date Package"
(http://www.peterblum.com/datecontrols/home.aspx). When I see people trying
to build their own, they usually don't realize that some very good ones are
already done and either cheap (like mine) or free.

Take a look through this thread: http://forums.asp.net/815867/ShowPost.aspx.
I give a number of reasons I rewrote my own calendar to stop using the popup
window and start using a javascript calendar.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx