Callback vs Ajax

Ryan Liu

Hi,

When there is Ajax out there, are there still reasons to use ASP.NET
Callback?

Thanks!
Ryan

George

When there is C# out there, are there still reasons to use VB.NET?

People have different skills, different needs.

With call back you can totally redo the page, with AJAX you can still do
that but it will require more knowledge.

George.

Scott M.

I think your comparison is off base to begin with.

Callbacks are just methods that get called when an async operation
completes. Ajax is just a framework for performing async operations (both
client and server), but can still make use of callbacks.

So, it's not really appropriate to pit the two against each other.

-Scott

Gregory A. Beamer

When there is Ajax out there, are there still reasons to use ASP.NET
Callback?

AJAX can be used as a complete data retrieval mechanism. In these cases,
I would say no. It can get rather complex, however, when you have
everything moving through AJAX.

A postback is designed for more comprehensive painting, so having AJAX
does not mean you do not postback.

Both of the above statements are broad generalizations. ;-)

Peace and Grace,

Gregory A. Beamer

When there is C# out there, are there still reasons to use VB.NET?

When there are screwdrivers out there, are there still reasons to use a
hammer. ;-)

Peace and Grace,