Calling methods of a Windows service from .Net Applications

Prasad Dannani

Hi,

I have written a windows service with some additional methods in it. I need
to call these methods from another .net application. When windows service is
running

Is it possible to call the functions of one windows service from another
application.
If yes please specify the way to call

Thanks in Advance
Prasad

Arthur Hsu

You want to "call" a running service? Remoting is one way to go. Check out
www.codeproject.com for .NET IPC (inter process communication) to see more
ways to do that.

-Arthur