Camp Ruby

Bil Kleb

I sent this yesterday at 15:24 EST, and it never showed up as far as
I can tell...

Ron Jeffries wrote (on an xp mailing list):
At OOPSLA for the last N years, and a number of other conferences as well,
the Smalltalk Community has done what they call Camp Smalltalk. They come
together, form projects, work on various community efforts, give
demonstrations, all in a public workspace where people can drop by and see
what's going on. Sometimes they have posters and such to create
conversation.

They bring all the hardware, networking gear, everything they need. From
the conference, all they get is a place to work. Sometimes at a big venue,
they just scarf up hall space.

Is there a Camp Ruby? This camp thing sounds different than Ruby Fests.

BTW: Are Ruby Fests still a going concern? I haven't noticed an announcement
of one lately.

Regards,

Chad Fowler

I sent this yesterday at 15:24 EST, and it never showed up as far as
I can tell...

Ron Jeffries wrote (on an xp mailing list):

Is there a Camp Ruby? This camp thing sounds different than Ruby Fests.

Brian Marick and I started planning one after RubyConf last year (with
the intent of it being a Ruby Central-sponsored event). Given our
newfound tax exempt status, we are looking to startup some new
projects post-RubyConf this year. I think a Camp Ruby would be an
excellent and obvious choice for Ruby Central given our past of doing
the Ruby Conference.

Chad