Camping Install -Without Gems

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Matt, Feb 12, 2007.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Hey!

    So the plan was to rent out a small development server to test a proof
    of concept design with camping, and then to port it to a more expensive
    server upon success. The server only has 64 MB of ram. Upon running gem
    update, YAML.rb generates a segmentation fault. After a little
    searching all signs pointed to a lack of memory.

    To fix this I quickly downloaded all the tarballs and used ruby setup.rb
    and ruby install.rb on active record and markaby. I then grabbed
    camping and untarred it. I copied camping to the bin directory and
    tried to run camping blog.rb in the example folder.

    Alas, I received this error: /usr/bin/camping:8:in `require': no such
    file to load -- camping (LoadError)

    I am at a lost of where to go next

    Thanks allot!

    Matt

    Matt, Feb 12, 2007

  2. Matt

    Chad Fowler Guest

    Looks like you're missing the camping.rb file which the camping script
    is looking for. You'll need to install it into site_ruby or some
    other load path accessible location (like you did for active record
    and markaby, though i'm not sure if camping has a setup.rb).

    Chad

    Chad Fowler, Feb 12, 2007