Can ASP.NET 2.0 Result in Semantically Correct Markup?

clintonG

I've delved in to CSS-2 positioning and semantically correct markup. I'm
starting to seriously doubt the value of adopting semantically correct
markup in favor of the crippled implementation using tables as data
structures for everything.

Granted ASP.NET 1.1 is a lost cause but what of the emergence of 2.0? Beta 1
remains FUBAR but its being said that beta 2 and beyond will support XHTML
and CSS-2.

What's on *your* mind in this context? Have you seen any indication that the
controls will emit semantically correct markup?

Guest

I don't think so... And this would be UNFORTUNATELY a very good reason to NOT
USE ASP.Net 2.0. When I first time created a ASPX(2.0) page I was shocked!

However, I HOPE the dev team will be able to make it...