    Altera version 5.8c

    Thanx in advance.

    Anupam

    anupam, Sep 2, 2004

  2. anupam

    ALuPin Guest

    Of course it depends on the design.
    What kind of design do you have ?

    ALuPin, Sep 2, 2004

  3. anupam

    anupam Guest

    I am working with VHDL code for multichannel HDLC.
    Regards,
    Anupam

    anupam, Sep 3, 2004
  4. Simulation of source code runs about
    ten times faster than simulation of
    a netlist.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Sep 3, 2004
  5. My source code often has lots of low level library primitives (e.g.
    from Xilinx's Unisim library) and these are very slow. Replacing them
    with behavioural models (with no timing checks, etc.) typically
    improves simulation speed by 2-3 times.

    The basic rule is: the higher the level of abstraction, the faster the
    simulation.

    Regards,
    Allan

    Allan Herriman, Sep 3, 2004