Can this be done?

Tom

Hello, I am new at HTML coding, and wonder if the following is possible.

I would like to create a page with an open ended table as such:

CODE DESCRIPTION FEE
-------------
| ADD COURSE |
-------------

--------
Total FEE: | 0.00 |
--------

When you press the 'ADD COURSE ' button, you open a page that uses a selection
of menues to get you the code, description, and fee. Accepting these values pops
you back and you would see something like this:

CODE DESCRIPTION FEE
----------
555 Basic HTML 100.00 | DELETE |
------------- ----------
| ADD COURSE |
-------------

--------
Total FEE: | 100.00 |
--------

Press the 'ADD COURSE ' button again, and you could add another item:

CODE DESCRIPTION FEE
----------
555 Basic HTML 100.00 | DELETE |
----------
654 Advanced HTML 200.00 | DELETE |
------------- ----------
| ADD COURSE |
-------------

--------
Total FEE: | 100.00 |
--------

Pressing the 'DELETE' button would remove that entry line and update the total fee.

Can something like this be done in HTML? Any pointers as to how...
Thank you for any help, Tom
(e-mail address removed)
kill the x's...

mark | r

yes uyou need a javascript array - search for "javascript database" on
google, i know theres one out there

mark

viza

and then Tom said:
I would like to create a page with an open ended table as such:

When you press the 'ADD COURSE ' button, you open a page that uses a
selection of menues to get you the code, description, and fee. Accepting

Press the 'ADD COURSE ' button again, and you could add another item:

Pressing the 'DELETE' button would remove that entry line and update the
total fee.

This cannot be done in html, and to do it in javascript would be
irresponsible, both for people who choose not to use it, and posibly for
security given you are displaying prices. You need to learn a server side
scripting language. http://www.php.net/ is a good start.

Sam Hughes

yes uyou need a javascript array - search for "javascript database" on
google, i know theres one out there

mark

No, client-side code is not an appropriate solution; it is unreliable.
If you used server-side processing, perhaps something done in PHP, you
could get it to work more reliably. No matter what, the site would need
server-side code to work, and javascript would not provide any
significant advantage (while including plenty of disadvantages, though).

You mean Total FEE: 300.00, don't you? :)