    Dim wc as new webclient
    wc.adHeader("cockies","ginger=snap") ' Will this work?
    How can I open a secure page that requires a login?

    Guest, Oct 5, 2004

    Scott Allen Guest

    Scott Allen, Oct 5, 2004

    Guest Guest

    Hi Scott,
    That is a good start. I still need to solve the problem with doing client
    requests with asp.net sessions.
    Thanks.

    Guest, Oct 5, 2004

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Arne:

    One you have the CookieContainer setup, you need to keep attaching the
    cookies to subsequent requests. When ASP.NET sees the request it can
    read the SessionID cookie and hook the request up to the appropriate
    session.

    Make sense? Or am I misunderstanding your question?

    Scott Allen, Oct 5, 2004

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Actually, no. The FCL internally copies all "Set-Cookie" and "Set-Cookie2"
    headers to the cookie container automatically, so manual copying isn't
    required. Just make sure to reuse the same CookieContainer instance within a
    web conversation.

    Cheers,

    Joerg Jooss, Oct 8, 2004

    Scott Allen Guest

    Thanks for the correction, I didn't have the sentenced properly
    worded. I apologize for any confusion.

    Scott Allen, Oct 8, 2004

    Scott Allen Guest

    Arne:

    Let me rephrase my last response because it seems as if it caused some
    confusion among other readers.

    Where I said "keep attaching the cookies", I should say explicitly
    that the CookieContainer instance from the first request needs to be
    attached to subsequent requests by assigning a reference to the Cookie
    property.

    My article discuses this very problem and gives a code example, so
    perhaps you had already figured this out.

    Scott Allen, Oct 8, 2004