Can't start ASP.Net project in Visual Studio.Net

Saber S

When I try to begin an ASP.Net project in Visual Studio.Net I get an error
message:
"Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not
running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
applications or services."

I tried a solution at Microsoft at
but when I do it:
"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\aspnet_regiis.exe" -i

the Command Prompt Window locks while processing..

I tried another solution at
http://searchvb.techtarget.com/vsnetATEAnswers/0,293820,sid8_gci882219_tax293672,00.html

but when I go to Computer Management and try to expand Services And
Applications the windows locks and I've to use ctrl+alt+delet.

Have I to reinstall IIS or do something else?

S. Justin Gengo

You won't like this answer, but if you've tried aspnet_regiis and it hasn't
worked then you are probably best off to uninstall visual studio.net, the
..net framework and IIS. Then reinstall IIS and then visual studio.net.

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer