card reader or bar code reader in ruby ? URGENT HELP

Pokkai Dokkai

hai all

i am new to ruby on rails

how to manipulate (read/write) card readers (or bar code reader ) in
ruby program ?
give me any sample code or tutorials or tools or etc (whatever).

i am new to this card reader category
its very urgent

thank you .

Hassan Schroeder

how to manipulate (read/write) card readers (or bar code reader ) in
ruby program ?

The input from card readers and bar code readers attached to a PC
looks like keyboard input. So in a browser, you would have a page
with a form, position the cursor in a field and then swipe the card or
scan the barcode, and the field is populated with the data.

If, in the case of the card reader, there's multiple pieces of information
encoded on the strip, you need to parse that, with JavaScript or after
the form is submitted. Straightforward but application-dependent.

HTH!