carousel and IE9 problem

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by geoff, Apr 29, 2011.

  1. geoff

    geoff Guest

    Hello

    I am having a problem with some carousel code and IE9.

    The following works OK in Firefox 4 and IE9,

    http://www.micro-active.com/styles/style8/index-carousel-1.htm

    but

    http://www.micro-active.com/styles/style8/index-carousel-2.htm

    works in Firefox 4 but not in IE9.

    In this code I am starting by placing an image in a div and then
    replacing this with the markup code for the carousel using innerHTML
    when the start carousel button is clicked. This seems to cause the
    problem ...

    I get this error message

    SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'data': object is null
    or undefined
    jquery.featureCarousel.min.js, line 35 character 272

    and in jquery.featureCarousel.min.js

    $centerFeature.data('position',1) is highlighted.

    Any ideas please?!

    Cheers

    Geoff

    geoff, Apr 29, 2011

  2. Sounds like a jquery problem. I suggest you ask in a jquery forum, which
    this most certainly is not.

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon

    Denis McMahon, Apr 30, 2011

  3. geoff

    geoff Guest

    will do!

    Geoff

    geoff, Apr 30, 2011
  4. geoff

    geoff Guest

    Denis

    I still have the feeling that there is a simple way of adding a
    starting image to this file - which would then work in IE9?!

    geoff, Apr 30, 2011
  5. geoff

    geoff Guest

    Denis

    seem to have solved this using an option from the carousel code
    itself, stopOnHover.

    http://www.micro-active.com/styles/style8/index.htm

    Cheers

    Geoff