carrying the user input across pages..

Ani

Hi,

I need to carry the user input across pages and then at
the end insert all the values into the DB. How do I best
accomplish this task in ASP.Net. I am a novice , please
give me some simple suggestions.

Thanks.

Mike Moore [MSFT]

Hi Ani,

I think you will like session variables. Here's a simple sample across
multiple pages.

Page1
Session("stock") = "abc"
Page2
Session("price") = "10"
(I'm keeping this to strings for now.)
Page 3
now use session("stock") and session("price") to insert into the
database.

Each user gets their own set of session variables. The variables last until
you clear them with Session.Abandon or until the timeout expires (set the
timeout in web.config).

For further information, please see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspnet/ht
ml/asp12282000.asp