CDONTS.Send ignored

Guest

The problem of creating files, as any real problem, got sorted itself out.
Just a moment ago about 20 files which I tried to create fior the previous
three hours suddenly appeared where they were expected to appear.
I do not know where ther were delayed - I monitor the folder content using
and FTP programme.
Either the FTP did not see these files, or the server delayed placing the
file into the folder. One thin is for sure - the names of the files are made
of the date and the time they are created - and all these names exactly
metched the files' date and time

Still no sign of emails sent - perhaps they are too somewhere in the
pipeline - perhaps I should wait till tomorrow. Meanwhile thank you
everybody who replied.

Ray at

It certainly couldn't hurt to post the example code snippets here so that
others can execute the same code and post the results.

Ray at work

Guest

Thanks, Curt, it was the most useful.
On my local PC all my messages are there, so as Ray suggested, I have to
look at SMTP.
Obviously I cannot check these folders on my ISP server. Perhaps they
changed SMTP settings

Guest

It turns out that you were right about SMTP, at least in respect of my local
PC.

I followed SMTP link you offered and found a good MS SMTP Help file.
The proble is it is so good and detailed that to study it is a separate
project.
My concern is, whether OutlookExpress which is working fine for the moment,
relies on SMTP settings.
if I start experimenting with SMTP, is there a chanse of OutlookExpress
prtests and go on strike?

Ray at

Chances are that you use your ISP's SMTP server in OE, not your own internal
one. So, if that's the case, no, it won't affect OE.

Ray at home

Guest

Do you mean that if in
Outgoing Mails (SMTP) I have the address of my provider, this means that I
am using the ISP's SMTP ?

Guest

Ray,
I am talking about my ISP SMTP server address like
mail.microsoft.com
which is shown in Outgoing Mails (SMTP), not about my email address.