cdosys.dll and sending mail

martin

Hi,

I have been using the system.web.mail namespace to send mail in my
application and every thing has been working fine.

however to today I an unable to send mail from my machine using the methods
from this namespace in the usual manner.

The error that I get from .net is

Could not create 'CDO.Message' object.

I decieded to unregister and then re-register cdosys.dll (I am using an XP
machine)

however registering that dll gave me the following error

DllRegisterServer in cdosys.dll failed.
Return code was: 0x800704da

can anybody please explain how I actually get the functionality back to send
mail.(I think this will involve registering cdosys.dll, but I am stumped why
I can't do this using regsvr32)

cheers

martin.

Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Can't register cdosys.dll after unregistering it.

This solution was applied to Windows 2003:

I was able to register cdosys.dll in three easy steps once I found out that OfficeXP registers a dll called cdoex.dll that prevents cdosys.dll from being registered unless cdoex.dll is unregistered first.

Steps:

1. unregister CDOEX.dll ( path = c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\cdo\ )
2. register CDOSYS.dll ( path = c:\windows\system32\ )
3 register CDOEX.dll

Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Works

This solution was applied to Windows 2003:

I was able to register cdosys.dll in three easy steps once I found out that OfficeXP registers a dll called cdoex.dll that prevents cdosys.dll from being registered unless cdoex.dll is unregistered first.

Steps:

1. unregister CDOEX.dll ( path = c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\cdo\ )
2. register CDOSYS.dll ( path = c:\windows\system32\ )
3 register CDOEX.dll

:lol: Dear iamsam, thank you so much, i had this problem, and your solution, saved me.
Thank you very much