cdosys.dll and sending mail

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by martin, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. martin

    martin Guest

    Hi,

    I have been using the system.web.mail namespace to send mail in my
    application and every thing has been working fine.

    however to today I an unable to send mail from my machine using the methods
    from this namespace in the usual manner.

    The error that I get from .net is

    Could not create 'CDO.Message' object.

    I decieded to unregister and then re-register cdosys.dll (I am using an XP
    machine)

    however registering that dll gave me the following error

    DllRegisterServer in cdosys.dll failed.
    Return code was: 0x800704da

    can anybody please explain how I actually get the functionality back to send
    mail.(I think this will involve registering cdosys.dll, but I am stumped why
    I can't do this using regsvr32)

    cheers

    martin.

    martin, Jul 15, 2004

  2. martin

    iamsam

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can't register cdosys.dll after unregistering it.

    This solution was applied to Windows 2003:

    I was able to register cdosys.dll in three easy steps once I found out that OfficeXP registers a dll called cdoex.dll that prevents cdosys.dll from being registered unless cdoex.dll is unregistered first.

    Steps:

    1. unregister CDOEX.dll ( path = c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\cdo\ )
    2. register CDOSYS.dll ( path = c:\windows\system32\ )
    3 register CDOEX.dll

    iamsam, Sep 3, 2009

  3. martin

    wolfgangiron

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Works

    :lol: Dear iamsam, thank you so much, i had this problem, and your solution, saved me.
    Thank you very much

    wolfgangiron, Jan 4, 2012