/cgi default path value

John Smith

currently if I have the following in an HTML page,
<form action="/cgi/test.cgi" method="post"> ... </form>

/cgi defaults to /app/deptapp/dept-cgi/

FYI, the HTML pages are located in:
/app/deptapp/dept/html

the CGI scripts are located in:
/app/deptapp/dept-cgi/

I have checked my apache installation, and apache is actually installed
at:
/var/apache

1) why /cgi does not default to /var/apache/cgi-bin?
2) how do I make /cgi default to /var/apache/cgi-bin?
3) can you please recommend a newsgroup for running web servers on UNIX
(solaris)?

thanks.

Ad

A. Sinan Unur

currently if I have the following in an HTML page,
<form action="/cgi/test.cgi" method="post"> ... </form>

/cgi defaults to /app/deptapp/dept-cgi/

There is absolutely zero Perl content in your question. You are most
certainly off-topic in this newsgroup.
3) can you please recommend a newsgroup for running web servers on
UNIX (solaris)?

Since you are posting from Google Groups, did you not even bother to
search for a relevant group using that excellent search engine?

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix

Sinan
--
A. Sinan Unur <[email protected]>

Brian Wakem

John said:
currently if I have the following in an HTML page,
<form action="/cgi/test.cgi" method="post"> ... </form>

/cgi defaults to /app/deptapp/dept-cgi/

FYI, the HTML pages are located in:
/app/deptapp/dept/html

the CGI scripts are located in:
/app/deptapp/dept-cgi/

I have checked my apache installation, and apache is actually installed
at:
/var/apache

1) why /cgi does not default to /var/apache/cgi-bin?

Your ScriptAlias is defined as /cgi/ "/app/deptapp/dept-cgi/"

2) how do I make /cgi default to /var/apache/cgi-bin?

Change it to /cgi/ "/var/apache/cgi-bin/"

3) can you please recommend a newsgroup for running web servers on UNIX
(solaris)?

Sorry can't help, but this is certainly not the correct group.

Ad

Tintin

John Smith said:
currently if I have the following in an HTML page,
<form action="/cgi/test.cgi" method="post"> ... </form>

/cgi defaults to /app/deptapp/dept-cgi/

FYI, the HTML pages are located in:
/app/deptapp/dept/html

the CGI scripts are located in:
/app/deptapp/dept-cgi/

I have checked my apache installation, and apache is actually installed
at:
/var/apache

1) why /cgi does not default to /var/apache/cgi-bin?

Why should it?
2) how do I make /cgi default to /var/apache/cgi-bin?

By changing your Apache configuraiton.
3) can you please recommend a newsgroup for running web servers on UNIX
(solaris)?

Do a search for groups with 'webserver' or 'www' in them.

*** ***