CGI.pm & multipart

chatiman

CGI.pm stops at initialisation with the error:
Malformed multipart POST: data truncated

I'm using CGI.pm V 3.01

What's wrong ?

gnari

chatiman said:
CGI.pm stops at initialisation with the error:
Malformed multipart POST: data truncated

What's wrong ?

my guess is that, due to malformed multipart POST,
data was truncated and CGI stopped.

seriously, we may need more info here, like:
what did you do?
did you look at the HTML that generated the POST?
did you make a minimal program that still makes this happen?
does a normal POST do this?

gnari

ctcgag

chatiman said:
CGI.pm stops at initialisation with the error:
Malformed multipart POST: data truncated

I'm using CGI.pm V 3.01

What's wrong ?

Well, the most likely problem is that you have a malformed multipart POST.

Another possibility is that you have a corrupt CGI.pm. A couple years ago,
I had a problem (also manifesting in multipart post problems) which I
tracked down to the CGI which shipped with the system being hosed (it
claimed to be version 3.something, even though at the time 2.7something was
the newest version available. Replacing it with one from CPAN fixed the
problem.

Xho