Change report chart type ad runtime.

Arturo Buonanni

Hello,

I'd like to show users of my web application some charts allowing them
to chose the chart type at run-time.
I'm building the rdlc report source at run-time starting from a
template and working in memory.
Users can select wich rows and columns from a table to display in the
chart. They can also chose che chart type (Bar, line, pie etc.)

Now the code works fine the first time it's run. Then the report
viewer keeps showing the chart with the same chart type and columns
data. Only rows change accordingly to the user selection.

I'm using the following code to initialize the reportviewer:

Dim str As System.IO.MemoryStream = New MemoryStream
rptDoc.Save(str) //->that's the xml doc being saved to a memory stream
str.Position = 0
repView.LocalReport.ReportPath = String.Empty 'Just in case...
repView.LocalReport.LoadReportDefinition(str)
repView.LocalReport.DataSources.Clear() 'Just in case again...
repView.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(New _
ReportDataSource("DataSet1_01E01000", dt2))
repView.LocalReport.Refresh()

Any suggestion?

Thank you all.

marich3lle

Hi,
Did you figure it out? I'm trying to figure out how to allow users to select the columns to report on as well and need some ideas on how to implement this. Thanks.