    Is there a way to enlarge the text cursor? We need to make it a bit wider
    to improve visibility and we cannot find any information about this.

    Many, MANY thanks in advance!

    Dave, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Cursor is a bitmap image stored in a file. You can't modify an existent
    cursor, but you can download from the web different cursor collections.
    Alternatively you can edit cursors files yourself in VisualStudio.

    BTW, just in case if you don't know, you can set different cursor shape for
    any HTML element with style rule "cursor".

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Nov 11, 2004

  3. Dave

    John M Deal Guest

    I don't know about changing the cursor (I'm guessing you mean the
    flashing one that tells you what text box you are in and not the mouse
    cursor as you hover over the text box); but if your goal is to make it
    easier for the user to know what text box they will be editing I would
    recommend looking into creating a simple client side script that changes
    the background color of the text box when you enter and leave it. I've
    successfully used yellow for when the text box has focus and white when
    it doesn't. All you have to do is setup a call to a routine that sets
    the appropriate color when the onFocus and onBlur events get called (the
    best way is to assign a stylesheet class to the classname attribute of
    the textbox so you can centralize the color handling).

    Have A Better One!

    John M Deal, MCP
    Necessity Software

    John M Deal, Nov 11, 2004