  1. i know its a newbie question, but how can u change the properties of
    an object ( for exemple the caption of a button) i know in vb you
    could just write object.properties="" but how can we do that in c ++

    Francois Trottier, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Francois Trottier

    Dirk Feytons Guest

    *Standard* C++ (which is the topic of this group) knows nothing about
    buttons or any GUI stuff for that matter. You should consult the
    documentation of the GUI library you're using.

    --
    Dirk

    (PGP keyID: 0x448BC5DD - http://www.gnupg.org - http://www.pgp.com)

    ..oO° "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds
    the most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny..." -- Isaac
    Asimov °Oo.

    Dirk Feytons, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Jacek Dziedzic, Sep 16, 2003
  4. Francois Trottier

    David White Guest

    And once again an off-topic question has been posted separately to multiple
    standard-language newsgroups. The disease is spreading.

    DW

    David White, Sep 17, 2003
  5. i know its a newbie question, but how can u change the properties of
    Depending on how the class is written :

    object.property = "value";

    or

    object.property("value");

    or even

    object << "value";

    assuming a proper operator has been defined. I have seen cases where
    the only way was to do

    object != "value";

    Weird, no?

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Mcdougall, Sep 17, 2003
  6. Francois Trottier

    Clemens Auer Guest

    C++ structs and classes doesn't have anything simelar like VB
    properties..
    only elements and member functions ..
    vb like properties are availiable in VB, VB.NET and C#

    Clemens

    PS:
    but don't switch to C# ... programming with it gives you the feeling of
    getting brain fucked by the whole M$ dev team at once ...
    (thinking of all the NotImplemented Exceptions i got writing an small
    VS.Net2003 AddIn)

    Clemens Auer, Sep 17, 2003