Changing object properties

Francois Trottier

i know its a newbie question, but how can u change the properties of
an object ( for exemple the caption of a button) i know in vb you
could just write object.properties="" but how can we do that in c ++

Dirk Feytons

Francois said:
i know its a newbie question, but how can u change the properties of
an object ( for exemple the caption of a button) i know in vb you
could just write object.properties="" but how can we do that in c ++

*Standard* C++ (which is the topic of this group) knows nothing about
buttons or any GUI stuff for that matter. You should consult the
documentation of the GUI library you're using.

--
Dirk

(PGP keyID: 0x448BC5DD - http://www.gnupg.org - http://www.pgp.com)

..oO° "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds
the most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny..." -- Isaac
Asimov °Oo.

David White

Jonathan Mcdougall

i know its a newbie question, but how can u change the properties of
an object ( for exemple the caption of a button) i know in vb you
could just write object.properties="" but how can we do that in c ++

Depending on how the class is written :

object.property = "value";

or

object.property("value");

or even

object << "value";

assuming a proper operator has been defined. I have seen cases where
the only way was to do

object != "value";

Weird, no?

Jonathan

Clemens Auer

i know its a newbie question, but how can u change the properties of
an object ( for exemple the caption of a button) i know in vb you
could just write object.properties="" but how can we do that in c ++

C++ structs and classes doesn't have anything simelar like VB
properties..
only elements and member functions ..
vb like properties are availiable in VB, VB.NET and C#

Clemens

PS:
but don't switch to C# ... programming with it gives you the feeling of
getting brain fucked by the whole M$ dev team at once ...
(thinking of all the NotImplemented Exceptions i got writing an small
VS.Net2003 AddIn)