Changing .Text causes no Events

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by James Hancock, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Hi, I've sort of asked this before, but I've refined my results a little:

    if I do a loop like so:

    foreach(System.Web.UI.Control ctl in Page.Controls) {
    ... if control is of type that has text property then...
    ctl.text = Some Text from a database;
    }

    The post back events on the form don't fire.

    However, if I change each by name like so:

    lblExample.Text = "Hi there!";

    Everything works fine.

    Anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?

    There's no errors being thrown in the first example, so I'm at a loss...

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    James Hancock

    James Hancock, Apr 6, 2004