Checking Sessions Timeouts

Guest

When a user submits a page, I want to make sure their session has not
expired. I am using the code below to check, but it seems that
Context.Session is always null. Am I doing something wrong? I have this code
in the page load event on a base page that is being inherited by all my forms
pages.

if (Context.Session != null)
{
if (Session.IsNewSession)
Response.Redirect("~/sessionExpired.aspx");
}
else
Server.Transfer("../index.aspx");