CLEAR INPUT BUFFER

Discussion in 'Python' started by Sam, Oct 28, 2004.

  1. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Good day!

    I have a problem with Python and the input buffer.
    My application must read a barcode from PS2 and then
    process it.
    The problem is: i have to discard all
    characters inserted in buffer while Elaborate(data)
    is running.
    I tried to clear the buffer using sys.stdin.flush() but
    it seem not work.

    proc Principale() :
    while True
    # sys.stdin.flush()
    data = sys.stdin.readline()
    Elaborate(data)

    proc Elaborate() :
    sleep(5)

    I'll apreciate any help!
    Thanks

    Sam, Oct 28, 2004

  2. In general you can't flush the standard input,
    it is one of those undefined behaviors in C.

    To read the input until an end-of-file is reached
    use read() instead of readline().

    Istvan.

    Istvan Albert, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Sam