Clearing a datagrid clientside

Alvin Bruney

I have a server side datagrid control. I'd like to clear the grid before the
post occurs using javascript. Anybody know how to do this? It would be a
similar effect to binding to a null dataset in the codebehind, sorta.

Curt_C [MVP]

huh? If you need to clear it then do it in the code-behind first thing.
the datagrid results mostly in clientside HTML, not a "grid" that is
"clear-able".

Alvin Bruney

That's what i am trying to avoid. If the grid has 2000 rows rendered, any
postback on the page attempts to roundtrip the 2000 rows. If I can drop all
that data clientside BEFORE the postback, the speed of the postback will be
considerably improved.

I've used this performance trick successfully in other controls. I'm looking
to extend it to the datagrid. I'm sure it can be done. I don't know how yet.

Alvin Bruney

I've turned off viewstate like what one poster suggested. This is working
quite well. I had to re-architect a bit to get this to work right because
there was a lot of customization in the datagrid, but the end result is that
it has resulted in a quick a performance boost.

Alvin Bruney

I've turned off viewstate like u suggested. This is working quite well. I
had to re-architect a bit to get this to work right because there was a lot
of customization in the datagrid, but the end result is that it has resulted
in a quick a performance boost. Thanks