Click on sort link on a datagrid opens new window

Raymond Lewallen

I have a modal dialog displaying a datagrid control. Click on the column
header to sort the datagrid opens a new window with the following in the
location:

javascript:__doPostBack('dgDataGrid$_ctl1$_ctl1','')

instead of actually posting back to the modal dialog and sorting the
datagrid. ItemDataBound, ItemCommand events both work fine, only the
SortCommand is producing this unwanted behavior.

Looking for a cause and solution please.

Thank you,

Raymond Lewallen

Raymond Lewallen

I can't see the source because it is in a modal dialog window, but I'm doing
nothing other than the normal. Keep in mind this works fine in a normal
window, just doesn't work in a modal window.

<asp:datagrid
id="dgDataGrid"
runat="server"
CssClass="dbgrid"
BorderColor="#3366CC"
BorderWidth="1px"
BackColor="White"
BorderStyle="None"
AllowPaging="False"
Height="86px"
Width="580"
AutoGenerateColumns="False"
AllowSorting="True"
DataKeyField="ID">

<SelectedItemStyle
Font-Bold="True"
ForeColor="#CCFF99"
BackColor="#009999">
</SelectedItemStyle>

<ItemStyle
ForeColor="#003399"
BackColor="White">
</ItemStyle>

<HeaderStyle
Font-Bold="True"
ForeColor="#CCCCFF"
BackColor="#003399">
</HeaderStyle>

<FooterStyle
ForeColor="#003399"
BackColor="#99CCCC">
</FooterStyle>

<Columns>
<asp:buttonColumn
ButtonType="LinkButton"
HeaderText="Lnk"
Visible="False"
HeaderStyle-Width="10%">
</asp:buttonColumn>

<asp:BoundColumn
DataField="Type"
SortExpression="Type"
ReadOnly="True"
HeaderText="Type">
</asp:BoundColumn>

<asp:BoundColumn
DataField="Description"
SortExpression="Description"
ReadOnly="True"
HeaderText="Description">
</asp:BoundColumn>
</Columns>

</asp:datagrid>

In code behind I have the following sub

Sub dgDataGridSortCommand(ByVal source As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridSortCommandEventArgs) Handles
dgDataGrid.SortCommand
viewstate.Add("sortfield", e.SortExpression)
If viewstate("sortdirection") Is Nothing Then
viewstate.Add("sortdirection", "ASC")
Else
If viewstate("sortdirection").ToString = "ASC" Then
viewstate("sortdirection") = "DESC"
ElseIf viewstate("sortdirection").ToString = "DESC" Then
viewstate("sortdirection") = "ASC"
End If

End If

GridBind(e.SortExpression)
dgDataGrid.SelectedIndex = -1
End Sub

George Ter-Saakov

Unfortunately never worked with modal windows.
Anyway your datagrid looks good.
Check the form tag maybe "target" slipped in there.

George.