Closing Child Window before Submitting Form

Jeff Cooper

I have a form that has a button on it that can open a child form with the
window.open(...) Javascript call. When the form is submitted, I'd like to
close the child form, if it's opened. I have the code to close the form ok,
but what I can't seem to do is get the form to call my closeChildForm()
function before actually going back to the server.

I've tried all sorts of things from using RegisterOnSubmitStatement in the
page_load event to using a piece of code I found here involving swapping
__doPostBack with my own function.

Neither worked. If anyone has any ideas, I've appreciate being pointed in
the right direction.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mark

Could you use reponse .redirectt to open another page in your child window
that uses a javascript fuction in the <body> tag like
onLoad="javascript:window.close()" to close this window? I was just playing
around with exactly the xsame thing and I think that's how I did it.. I
can't find the code at the moment........

Jeff Cooper

Thanks. I'll give it a try...