Coder wanted

Discussion in 'C++' started by Ross, Jun 8, 2006.

  1. Ross

    Ross Guest

    Hi

    I'm not a C developer and I'm hoping someone on this list with some
    spare time could help me out, and the general public, by modifying some
    free LGPL licenced code.

    It is a Winamp DSP graphic equalizer plugin, and all that needs
    modifying is the configuration form layout. It is much too big, using
    a font size that is also too big. The form doesn't fit on my PC with
    800 x 600 screen resolution, and this can't be made bigger due to
    failing eye sight.

    This particular plugin has much better routines than that used by other
    EQ plugins, including the default Winamp EQ.

    Here is a download link to the plugin. The source code is inside a
    subfolder.
    http://shibatch.sourceforge.net/download/superequ-0.03.zip

    I've seen many complaints about the form size all over the internet but
    the author hasn't bothered fixing it. Please also test it with Large
    Fonts selected in Windows as this is what I use.

    I'll make the changes available on the internet.

    Much appreciated. Thank you for considering the request.

    Regards,
    Ross.

    Ross, Jun 8, 2006

  2. Ross

    Earl Purple Guest

    Off topic here for many reasons:
    and this isn't a C newsgroup.
    Not the right place to advertise for this kind of thing.
    Application specific. Why not go to the forums at www.winamp.com for
    winamp-related stuff?
    Isn't there an area at sourceforge.net for this kind of thing?
    And they don't have to. It is a free library.

    Earl Purple, Jun 8, 2006

  3. Ross

    Ross Guest

    and this isn't a C newsgroup.

    Close enough. The files have a .cpp extension. I presume this is C++?
    Really! I thought C++ developers hung out here.
    Any C++ developer should be able to modify a form, surely.
    Not that I know of.

    I guess all you developers are too busy.

    Regards,
    Ross..

    Ross, Jun 9, 2006
  4. No, it isn't. Here is an analogy. A man needs to go. He knows he
    needs a restroom. There are two restroom doors nearby. So, he chooses
    the one with a word "women" on it, saying, '"men", "women"... Ah, close
    enough'.
    So damn what? Soldiers hang out on a battlefield. Are you going to
    advertise body armour to them there?
    Again, so what? Do you even understand the concept of topicality of
    newsgroups?
    If you're too busy to look up the right newsgroup to post to, then
    we are definitely too busy to pay attention to your problem.

    Victor Bazarov, Jun 9, 2006
  5. Ross

    Phlip Guest

    This newsgroup gets hundreds of off-topic questions each month, and we
    _shouldn't_ answer all of them, because they would dilute this group and
    ruin it for those who like to regularly answer questions about the raw C++
    language, itself. So you have triggered a common response to these off-topic
    questions.

    Your first attempt should be your own local programmers' users group. You
    might find one for C++ or Windows.

    Your next attempt should be a newsgroup that covers the intersection of C++
    and windows, or a Winamp forum.
    Why thanks, but we actually can't. For example, I can modify forms written
    with Glade, HTML, FLTK, Qt, wxWidgets, AJAX, Win32 Classic, Visual Basic
    Classic, WTL, OpenGL, Tkinter, Ruby/Tk, FOX, Frog, Bonobo, or Gtk+, all
    using some aspect of C++. But I can't do, for example, .NET forms, ASP.NET
    forms, or Cocoa forms.
    I think there's are forums for requesting small tweaks.
    There are those here who like to write "bounce" posts, but who don't take
    the time to make them clear and helpful to the bouncee. Sorry for you
    attracted one!

    Phlip, Jun 9, 2006
  6. Ross

    JustBoo Guest

    No worries mate, he'll just get it written in Java and never come back
    here again. Obviously, exactly what you want.

    Seems to me when someone gets "burned-out" on the "job" maybe they
    should just stop doing it, stop doing what irritates them so much.
    Umm, like answering posters they have open contempt for, about a
    subject they are sick of, in a way that is both repetitive and boring.

    Any one want to donate to the retirement gift? [Screaming with a lot
    of "F"s in it.]

    Well, there you have it. *Not one person* cares to donate, gee I
    WONDER WHY?

    Oh, that's right! Victors responses have NOTHING to do with actually
    helping people - I keep forgetting that - and everything to do with
    his ego and attempted emulation of the famous authors and pundits that
    used to frequent this group. (No longer though. ) Let's review shall
    we? Most of those authors went on to fame and fortune... but Victor,
    here he is, right here.

    Just so you know I laugh at the "indignation" - quite entertaining.

    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. Ignorance may
    deride it. But in the end, there it is. - Winston Churchill

    JustBoo, Jun 9, 2006