Coder wanted

Ross

Hi

I'm not a C developer and I'm hoping someone on this list with some
spare time could help me out, and the general public, by modifying some
free LGPL licenced code.

It is a Winamp DSP graphic equalizer plugin, and all that needs
modifying is the configuration form layout. It is much too big, using
a font size that is also too big. The form doesn't fit on my PC with
800 x 600 screen resolution, and this can't be made bigger due to
failing eye sight.

This particular plugin has much better routines than that used by other
EQ plugins, including the default Winamp EQ.

Here is a download link to the plugin. The source code is inside a
subfolder.
http://shibatch.sourceforge.net/download/superequ-0.03.zip

I've seen many complaints about the form size all over the internet but
the author hasn't bothered fixing it. Please also test it with Large
Fonts selected in Windows as this is what I use.

I'll make the changes available on the internet.

Much appreciated. Thank you for considering the request.

Regards,
Ross.

Earl Purple

Off topic here for many reasons:
Hi

I'm not a C developer

and this isn't a C newsgroup.
and I'm hoping someone on this list with some
spare time could help me out, and the general public, by modifying some
free LGPL licenced code.

Not the right place to advertise for this kind of thing.
It is a Winamp DSP graphic equalizer plugin, and all that needs
modifying is the configuration form layout.

Application specific. Why not go to the forums at www.winamp.com for
winamp-related stuff?

Isn't there an area at sourceforge.net for this kind of thing?
I've seen many complaints about the form size all over the internet but
the author hasn't bothered fixing it.

And they don't have to. It is a free library.

Ross

and this isn't a C newsgroup.

Close enough. The files have a .cpp extension. I presume this is C++?
Not the right place to advertise for this kind of thing.

Really! I thought C++ developers hung out here.
Application specific. Why not go to the forums at www.winamp.com for
winamp-related stuff?

Any C++ developer should be able to modify a form, surely.
Isn't there an area at sourceforge.net for this kind of thing?

Not that I know of.

I guess all you developers are too busy.

Regards,
Ross..

Victor Bazarov

Ross said:
Close enough.

No, it isn't. Here is an analogy. A man needs to go. He knows he
needs a restroom. There are two restroom doors nearby. So, he chooses
the one with a word "women" on it, saying, '"men", "women"... Ah, close
enough'.
The files have a .cpp extension. I presume this is
C++?

Really! I thought C++ developers hung out here.

So damn what? Soldiers hang out on a battlefield. Are you going to
advertise body armour to them there?
Any C++ developer should be able to modify a form, surely.

Again, so what? Do you even understand the concept of topicality of
newsgroups?
Not that I know of.

I guess all you developers are too busy.

If you're too busy to look up the right newsgroup to post to, then
we are definitely too busy to pay attention to your problem.

Phlip

Ross said:
Really! I thought C++ developers hung out here.

This newsgroup gets hundreds of off-topic questions each month, and we
_shouldn't_ answer all of them, because they would dilute this group and
ruin it for those who like to regularly answer questions about the raw C++
language, itself. So you have triggered a common response to these off-topic
questions.

Your first attempt should be your own local programmers' users group. You
might find one for C++ or Windows.

Your next attempt should be a newsgroup that covers the intersection of C++
and windows, or a Winamp forum.
Any C++ developer should be able to modify a form, surely.

Why thanks, but we actually can't. For example, I can modify forms written
with Glade, HTML, FLTK, Qt, wxWidgets, AJAX, Win32 Classic, Visual Basic
Classic, WTL, OpenGL, Tkinter, Ruby/Tk, FOX, Frog, Bonobo, or Gtk+, all
using some aspect of C++. But I can't do, for example, .NET forms, ASP.NET
forms, or Cocoa forms.
Not that I know of.

I think there's are forums for requesting small tweaks.
I guess all you developers are too busy.

There are those here who like to write "bounce" posts, but who don't take
the time to make them clear and helpful to the bouncee. Sorry for you
attracted one!

JustBoo

No, it isn't. Here is an analogy.

No worries mate, he'll just get it written in Java and never come back
here again. Obviously, exactly what you want.

Seems to me when someone gets "burned-out" on the "job" maybe they
should just stop doing it, stop doing what irritates them so much.
Umm, like answering posters they have open contempt for, about a
subject they are sick of, in a way that is both repetitive and boring.

Any one want to donate to the retirement gift? [Screaming with a lot
of "F"s in it.]

Well, there you have it. *Not one person* cares to donate, gee I
WONDER WHY?

Oh, that's right! Victors responses have NOTHING to do with actually
helping people - I keep forgetting that - and everything to do with
his ego and attempted emulation of the famous authors and pundits that
used to frequent this group. (No longer though. ) Let's review shall
we? Most of those authors went on to fame and fortune... but Victor,
here he is, right here.

Just so you know I laugh at the "indignation" - quite entertaining.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. Ignorance may
deride it. But in the end, there it is. - Winston Churchill