Collapsable paragraphs...

Rlrcstr

How would one implement collapsable paragraphs of text in an HTML page? I
want the sections of the document to be expandable for full text or
collapsed into just the section heading. Any help is appreciated.

Jerry

Showjumper

Javascript is the way to go. You could use it to swap classes (styles) from
visible to hidden.

Rlrcstr

I'm not sure I can rely on the end user having a JVM... Any way to do this
with DHTML?
And if you could point me to an example, that would be great. I'm a bit new
to the web side of things. Thanks.

Bruce Barker

a little client script and css - see the display style.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Rlrcstr

Thanks for the response, Bruce, but it doesn't really mean much to me. I'm
still a student of this stuff. Can you give me a little more to go on?

Showjumper

DHTML is using javascript to control css and or html elements, not a java
virtual machine