    take it to the reading room.

    So I query multitude: what tools do you use to print out your Ruby code?

    Thanks

    Patrick Hurley, Dec 5, 2005

  2. Patrick Hurley

    Tom Copeland Guest

    Tom Copeland, Dec 5, 2005

  3. Scite is quite fine for me... ;-)

    Jakub

    Jakub Hegenbart, Dec 5, 2005
  4. Patrick Hurley

    Neil Stevens Guest

    Vim can output highlighted text as html, which you could then print. It
    ships with support for highlighting ruby, and the colors and styles it
    uses for highlighting are fully configurable.

    http://www.vim.org/

    Neil Stevens, Dec 5, 2005
  5. Because it took me a while to figure out what Neil was saying, here's a=20
    pointer in the right direction for the rest of us:

    http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3D330
    (note that you can use the old 2html.vim if you don't want to install=20
    anything).

    PS: Thanks Neil, this is great!

    HTH,
    Keith

    Keith Fahlgren, Dec 5, 2005
  6. FYI, I just notice scite has a -p command line option to print and
    exit (if you do not use scite as your "regular" editor).

    Thanks for the other suggestions as well (and I am still interested in
    solutions that work for everyone else :). I also got enscript
    running, but since I am on a Windows box and without a native
    postscript printer, I would need to push it through ghostscript or
    firefox to get it printed.

    Patrick Hurley, Dec 5, 2005
  7. And I=E2=80=99m working on providing an XML-based generic output-format t=
    hat can
    then be converted to whatever format you want (and in any unit you might
    want as well) through XSLT. I=E2=80=99m primarily doing this to be able =
    output stuff for inclusion in ConTeXt documents, but transforming it to
    HTML will be just as easy.

    nikolai

    --=20

    Nikolai Weibull, Dec 5, 2005
  8. This is probably not the thing he was talking about. Just issue

    :source $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/2html.vim

    in the buffer that you want to turn into highlighted HTML. Issue

    :help 2html.vim

    to get more information.
    Seeing as how the script linked to above hasn't seen an update since
    August, 2003, it is in fact the old 2html.vim. Bram last touched the
    distributed syntax/2html.vim in February, 20005.

    nikolai

    --=20

    Nikolai Weibull, Dec 5, 2005
  9. You can use this:

    xemacs -nw -eval '(htmlize-file "$<" "[email protected]")' -kill

    where $< is the infile [email protected] is the outfile. I do an additonal
    postprocessing script to turn the css inlined in the header into an
    external css.

    hope to help,

    Brian

    Brian Schröder, Dec 5, 2005
  10. Patrick Hurley

    Gene Tani Guest

    TMTOWTDI (but not as bad as python)

    http://rubyforge.org/projects/syntax/
    http://neugierig.org/software/ruby/

    Gene Tani, Dec 5, 2005
  11. Currently I use jEdit together with Robs plugin for editing Ruby code
    (and editing in general). jEdit can print the code with syntax
    highlightning and in color mode. There is also a html export plugin as
    far as i know. HTH.

    Cheers,

    - Steph.

    Stephan Mueller, Dec 6, 2005