COM object with CLSID {10020200-EB1C-11CF-AE6E-00AA004A34D5} is either not valid or not registered

Baski

I have developed an ASP.Net web site in VS2003 on a Win2K server that
executes a DTS package in SQL
When I upload the project to my web server (2003 Web Edition that connects
to a remote SQL server) I get the following error:
COM object with CLSID {10020200-EB1C-11CF-AE6E-00AA004A34D5} is either not
valid or not registered.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark Fitzpatrick

The Class id is for DTS, which of course isn't installed on the Win 2003
server unfortunately. That means you won't be able to call it directly like
this since it isn't available.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

bruce barker

you need to install sql enterprise manager on the server (as it installs the
sqldmo object you are tying to reference). you could switch to plain
transact sql to execute your dts packages, instead of using the sqldmo.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)