comparing rows in a multidimensional array

perl user

how can i compare rows (3 or more rows) in a multidiemensional array?
they all contain numeric values, i need to find its similar values and
unique values.

Eric Schwartz

how can i compare rows (3 or more rows) in a multidiemensional array?
they all contain numeric values, i need to find its similar values and
unique values.

Um, how about, "Iterate through the rows, keeping track of similar and
unique values." On such a vague description of what you're trying to
do, I don't think anyone can give you more detailed help.

If you could show us what you've tried so far, and how what it does
differs from what you want it to do, we'd be able to give more
specific help.

-=Eric

Jay Tilton

(e-mail address removed) (perl user) wrote:

: how can i compare rows (3 or more rows) in a multidiemensional array?

What do you mean by a "row?"

Alien terms like "row" and "column" must be defined before they can be
superimposed on Perl's "array of array references" scheme.

Comparing three or more anything is only a slight complication of
comparing two of anything.

: they all contain numeric values, i need to find its similar values and
: unique values.

See perlfaq4, "How do I compute the difference of two arrays? How do
I compute the intersection of two arrays?"

The Array::Compare module may be useful.

Markus Stueker