comparing the array for generic parameters

srinukasam

hello
in my design i need a logic to compare the array (suppose width 16 bit
and
size of 0 to 15) with a vector of 16 bit in parallel and in one clk
cycle.
and need to generate address of array is matching.
AND I NEED THIS FOR GENERIC VARIABLES( FOR ALL 3 PARAMETERS)

thank you
bye

Me

hello
in my design i need a logic to compare the array (suppose width 16 bit
and
size of 0 to 15) with a vector of 16 bit in parallel and in one clk
cycle.
and need to generate address of array is matching.
AND I NEED THIS FOR GENERIC VARIABLES( FOR ALL 3 PARAMETERS)

thank you
bye

Homework?
I hope VHDL teachers in India read this newsgroup.

A.

Ralf Hildebrandt

srinukasam said:
in my design i need a logic to compare the array (suppose width 16 bit
and
size of 0 to 15) with a vector of 16 bit in parallel and in one clk
cycle.
and need to generate address of array is matching.

What part of my last explanation did you not understand?

AND I NEED THIS FOR GENERIC VARIABLES( FOR ALL 3 PARAMETERS)

Which 3 parameters? Your description of the problem is not clear.

Comparing a vector element to a constant or generic parameter is not
different to comparing it to a signal.

Ralf

Andy Peters

srinukasam said:
hello
in my design i need a logic to compare the array (suppose width 16 bit
and
size of 0 to 15) with a vector of 16 bit in parallel and in one clk
cycle.
and need to generate address of array is matching.
AND I NEED THIS FOR GENERIC VARIABLES( FOR ALL 3 PARAMETERS)

Sounds like a job for a content-addressable memory (CAM).
Implementation details are left as an exercise for the reader.

-a