Comparing two textboxes

Steffen Loringer

Hi,

I like to compare two textboxes containing double values. The second one
should ever be bigger than the first one. How can I do this with the
validator elements in VisualStudio.Net ?

Thanks for help,

Steffen

Jos

Steffen said:
Hi,

I like to compare two textboxes containing double values. The second
one should ever be bigger than the first one. How can I do this
with the validator elements in VisualStudio.Net ?

Add a CompareValidator to the page.
Set its ControlToValidate property to textbox 2
Set its ControlToCompare property to textbox 1
Set its Type property to Double
Set its Operator property to GreaterThan

If the values are required in both textboxes, you should also
add RequiredFieldValidators for both textboxes, because the
CompareValidator doesn't check this.